[shadow-support] Need help on shadow installation problems

Rob Jansen jansen at cs.umn.edu
Wed May 22 08:54:42 CDT 2013

The error message indicates that you do not have the correct llvm config
files in your include path. If you installed llvm/clang manually following
the wiki, then those files should be installed
to ~/.local/share/llvm/cmake/. Try searching that directory to see if it
exists. If it doesn't, then you may not have the correct files installed.

If you installed llvm/clang to some other location, you need to use that
path prefix/share/llvm/cmake/ with the '--include' option. '$
locate LLVMConfig.cmake' may help you find the path that you should be
including.

BTW, you MUST install llvm/clang manually, because ubuntu's dev packages
don't yet contain the cmake modules required to build Shadow. Try removing
the OS packages and installing manually if you have not already done that.

Rob