[shadow-support] DNS resolves in Shadow

Rob Jansen jansen at cs.umn.edu
Mon Mar 30 12:59:18 CDT 2015

You should be able to use getaddrinfo, and it will return immediately when
called in Shadow. Shadow does intercept and handle this function here:

https://github.com/shadow/shadow/blob/master/src/plugin/shd-interposer.c#L2557

It is my understanding that Tor uses this function as well, and it works
fine there AFAIK.

-Rob